Tuesday, September 29, 2009

New Friend

"When true friends meet in adverse hour;
'Tis like a sunbeam through a shower.
A watery way an instant seen,
The darkly closing clouds between."
- Sir Walter Scott

I have found a new friend.

I honestly never thought I would EVER trust someone again, but I find that I can't help it anymore than I can help the fact that it might rain tomorrow...it's something that just happens...no matter what yo do.
I forgot how exciting it is to have a new friend...a true friend.
The last few friends I had sorta fell off the face of the Earth...metaphorically speaking of course.
When you're older, new friends are fickle. They have their "old" friends. You're just interchangeable to them. I'm sick of that. I want a real friendship...and I base that on my friendship with Jesus. One of trust and honesty...love and loyalty...compassion and empathy...meaning and worthiness. They tell us to be like Jesus, to find our partner by being like the bride of Christ, but they never really talk about friendships on Earth. Why not mold those to be like ours with the most perfect creation...Jesus Christ. I don't want to be another friend in a drawer like a hair clip...interchangeable and put away until it's needed...waiting to be used again and again. I want to be worthy and I want to matter. I want to be shown empathy and I want to be shown compassion. I want someone to be loyal to me and I want someone to love me for me, quirkiness and all. I want someone to just be honest with me and I want someone I can trust with everything, including my life.

Is that too much to ask?

No comments: